Monday, February 14, 2011

Smell Good for Spring

Hello, blog-o-sphere! Just recently I got an email from a lovely girl named Lizzy. [hi, lizzy!] And she asked me what I would recommend in regards to scents for spring. I will be the first to admit that I haven't smelled every perfume or body spray ever manufactured and also scents are very personal. So these scents might not be for everyone. And there very well could be some scents out there that are just better than the ones I'm suggesting [i just haven't smelled them yet].

This post is meant to give you ideas for the next time you go to the mall. So, these are the scents that I have found myself been reaching for over and over again as the days start to get warmer and the birds have returned to the tree by my window. [yay, birds!] 


The first scent I have been loving is Victoria's Secret's Live Pink Sheer Fragrance Mist. I couldn't find it on the website but I know that they still carry this product in stores. I'm really horrible at describing smells but here I go. To me, this scent is soft, fresh, and light. Maybe even a hint of fruit-i-ness? I don't think its floral-y but whenever I spray this on myself it makes me think of meadows. Like the one in Twilight. That's a little random and even I don't fully understand why but that's what I think. :)

The next scent I love is Michael Kors' Very Hollywood. I have the 1.7 ounces bottle, if you were wondering. My sister actually got this for me for Christmas because we went to the perfume counter and she remembered that I liked the scent. [aww...cute sister!] But the Michael Kors website says this perfume is made up of mandarin and iced bergamot [whatever that last thing is] with hints of gardenia. I would describe it as darker than Live Pink and is more mature. I think of the sea when I smell it, if that helps at all.

Last, but not least, is Victoria's Secret's Girl's Night Sheer Fragrance. This I also got for Christmas. [maybe people are trying to tell me something...] I only kid. But it has quickly become a favorite. It's made with the scents of peonies and water lilies. I would describe it as light but it is also more...energetic than the other two. I don't think of anything when I smell this one--I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

One honorable mention not included in the pictures [because its technically my sister's and i steal spritz of it behind her back. shhh...and she refused to let me take it] is Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb. Love. This. Scent. It is a perfect all year round perfume. It is light and flowery. Very subtle but packs a huge impact at the same time. [yay, for oxymorons!]. Now this scent is very, very price-y. So it might not be the most practical suggestions but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

What is your favorite spring/summer scents?

Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. And thank you Lizzy for writing me. Please check out my personal blog and follow through Google Friend Finder or Bloglovin'. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment