Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lauren Conrad Style

Hola, blog world! Recently I blogged about my favorite scents for spring [click here for link] and in that post I put the perfumes on top of my Lauren Conrad Style book to make a bit more visually interesting than my chocolate brown lamp table. And seeing that I was an owner of such book, one of my readers requested that I share my thoughts about it in a blog post.

So here I go.

I bought the book from Target, I believe, about a week or two after it came out. And seeing that it is a style book, it isn't something that I sat down with and devoured in one sitting. Rather, I browsed through a couple pages one night right before I went to bed and then I browsed through some more as I wanted for my sister to finish her make-up science test.

It isn't a must read. To be honest most of her tips are things that a reader could pick up from blogs or magazine or YouTube videos. It is filled with a lot of common sense--a common trait among self-help books. What I really loved about this book was the pictures. Most of them--about 90%--are taken specifically for this book. That was one of the main reasons I didn't like Rachel Zoe's book, Style A to Zoe, as much. Many of the pictures in her book had bad lighting or were fuzzy. Not very good considering pictures are one of, if not the, reasons that people buy style books.

Loved the pictures. I also loved that fact that she used a lot of clothing from her own closet [i recognized quite a few pieces from pictures] which gave the book a sense of accessibility and reality. It probably would have been just as easy--if not easier--to just pull clothing from racks. I loved that she added a personal touch in that way.

The layout of the pages was incredibly quick and easy to read. Very good quality. It doesn't look like it was thrown together at the last minute. It is a handy tool--I find myself going back to consult it mostly for packing tips. That was one of the best sections, in my opinion. The other sections I really liked were the Makeup/Hair and the Getting Dressed: The Fun Part [basically styling] ones.

Over all, I don't think it is a must buy but I really do like it. If you are a little unsure whether the book is worth the money, I would recommend going to Borders or your local library to skim through some pages and decide that way. It has some great tips and beautiful pictures. Plus, after you are down reading it, the book looks lovely on a bookshelf or on a bed-side table. Bonus! You can put perfumes on it later on and take pictures. [sorry. my attempt at humor.]

Thank you guys for reading. If you have this book as well, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Please check out my personal blog for updates about my life and then [pretty please?] follow through Google Friend Finder or Bloglovin'. It would mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment