Friday, April 2, 2010

Kick Back and Relax

Nudes have taken over the fashion world but it has also taken over my world. Or at least my cosmetic world. :) Yes, I have taken the leap from rosy colored lips to ones that look like I have nothing on. My mom has this lipstick color called Nice N' Nude and I put it on one time and thought it looked horrible. Horrible.

I looked washed out and pale and sick and just not...normal. But at the time (about a year ago) I failed to realize that I was missing out on a key step. The lipgloss, of course. :) Silly me.

Trust me. Lipgloss can transform a dull, pale nude lip into a stunning look. No lie. If you don't trust me look at the evidence.

Yes. Its Ms. Victoria Beckham rocking the nude lip. :) Doesn't she look amazing. Her messy hair and smokey eye just compliment her nude lip so well. Or should I say her nude lips compliments her messy hair and smokey eye?

I know that the nude lip is not a statment look but it helps create a statement look whether it be a bold eye or a intense hair do. The look is natural and stunning and...I've run out of adjectives. I don't want to sound like a broken record. :)

Mac's Creme d'Nude is a really nice color. My mom insists that Laura Geller's Nice n' Nude is the best. She is very loyal to her makeup brands. :) Either one gives an amazing look on the lips.

 But Victoria is not the only sporting this look. Mary-Kate Olsen, Ciara, Angelina Jolie, and Michelle Trachtenberg (Georgina Sparks from GG). Its understated but not all good things need to visually assault the person looking at it. :) Hahaha. Enjoy and try the nude lip. Everyone else is. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment