Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Night of Shakespeare

Let's be honest. A year in English wouldn't be a year in English without reading a Shakespeare play. In ninth grade it was Romeo and Juliet. Then last year it was Julius Caesar. For some reason I liked Julius Caesar more than I liked Romeo and Juliet.

Maybe it was because we didn't actually read Romeo and Juliet. We just watched the movie. Has anyone ever seen the Romeo and Juliet movie where Romeo is played by a kid who looks like Zac Efron's little brother?

All I remember from that movie is the fact that every girl in my class thought Benvolio's actor was adorable. :) Hahaha. Oh, the whims of ninth grade girls.

Anyway, this year in class we were reading Twelfth Night and I couldn't help but think that it kind of reminded me of She's the Man. You know, the funny Amanda Bynes movie that came out a couple years ago. The movie with Channing Tatum in it. :)

Well, apparhently She's the Man was based loosely on Twelfth Night. Cool, huh? I didn't know that. :) This movie is super funny and I would recommed it to people who liked What a Girl Wants.

Random blog I know. I'm sorry. More fashion related posts will be up soon. I promise!

Have you ever read any Shakespeare? What did you think? I just realized that this blog post was completely pointless. But that's what makes it fun, right? Please Comment and Follow! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment